WOAH! Long time huh? Well I’ve just been doing a bit of this, and a bit of that. Don’t worry, I’ve been baking alright. Just gobbling it up a bit to fast for my camera to get any evidence of my work. But tonight I thought I should put some of my wrongs right and finally UPDATE!
So, here we go...what do you break a fast like ours with. Well I thought I’d do something nice for my brother today. You see despite being a dashing young doctor, he still lives the life of a broke and broken student. And his car reflects this, especially now, especially the broken bit.
Yes his car broke down, with me in it, on the side of the freeway, and it sucked. So I thought in condolences for his crappy car which he does love, and to encourage him to maybe buy something a little safer I’d bake him something. But, “I think it’s time you bought a grown up car that won’t kill us all” is a little hard to communicate in a cake. So I thought what says good cars? GERMANY! Their cars are super safe! And do you know what else the Germans do well? CAKES! So I thought I’d bake him a a German cake, and hopefully he’ll get the point...or just love the cake!
I THINK IT’S TIME TO GET A NEW CAR CAKE!
4 apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 C. nuttalex
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. maple syrup
2 T soy milk
1 t vanilla essence
1/2 t almond essence
1 1/2 C flour
2 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t cinnamon
1. Oven to 180
2. Slice up your apples and put them in a microwave safe dish, cover them with water and nuke them for a minute to a minute and a half
Slice and dice
3. Cream the sugar and nuttalex
4. Mix in your wet ingredients
5. Sift in the dry ingredients
6. Pour into your greased pan
7. Top with apples, make it as pretty as you are!
8. Dust with some sugar and spices for an extra touch of lovely!
9. Bake for 30- 45 minutes. Inserting a knife to see if it’s done. You know how it’s done, comes out clean, ready to go!
10. Eat warm with a little soy ice cream or save it for tea the next day.
11. Go car shopping with your brother (or if you don’t have a brother with a broken car how about just go shopping for whatever you feel like)