Thursday, April 8, 2010

I love you Parfaits.

I really love parfaits. Like a lot. Like it was the theme of my year 8 birthday party. Less people got it than I would have liked. And Friday is my day off, and I like preparing fancy afternoon snacks for myself as a reward for getting through the week without being hit by lightning or a cab or whatever. So armed with some weird left over ingredient, a hankering for an old favourite and a heart so pure I set out to make a treat.

WENDY’S LAZY DAY PARFAIT.



Ingredients
-1 chopped apple
-½ cup coconut milk
-Oats
-Coco
-Maple syrup
-Almonds
-Sultanas
-Really any muesli-ish ingredients
-Tofutti cream cheese
-Jam

Method
1.First up chop your apples, and stew in the milk until nice and soft. Remove from heat, mash with a fork and freeze for about an hour or until frozen but not solid



2.Mix your oats, nuts, sultana and muesli things, pour over enough maple syrup so its all a little bit sticky but not swimming in the stuff, spread on a baking tray and bake at 150 for about 15-20 minutes. Check every now often so it doesn’t burn and give the tray a shake to its equally crunchy



3.Once your muesli is done and cooled, take out your cheaters apple sorbet, give it a little mash to soften up and layer in a glass with your cream cheese, jam and whatever else you have around. It occurred to me after that peanut butter could have been pretty sweet.


And enjoy!! Sweet, quick and easy. Just how a little afternoon delight should be.


Was it good for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment