The calm before the storm
- 1/2 C vegan margarine, softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 T agave syrup*
- 1 T maple syrup
Egg replacer for 1 egg**
3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1 t Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cups Oats (rolled)
- 1 Cups Raisins
1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 180°.
1. Beat margarine, brown sugar and syrups until fluffy. Add your chosen egg replacer and beat until well blended.
Nature gave chickens eggs. Science gives you this.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Gradually add to margarine mixture until well blended.
Resist the urge to eat now. It will only get more banging. Ok maybe eat a little now.
3. Stir in oats, raisins, and nuts (if using).
Time to accessorize.
4. Form your desired cookie shape and place on wax paper on a baking tray, bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges brown
Let sit for a few minutes and ENJOY
SERVING SUGGESTION: I had mine with a smear of Tofutti cream cheese and a little cinnamon, as I’ve been eating pretty much everything I make eye contact with since discovering Tofutti, DOUBLE ENTENDRE!
*you can find this bad boy at health food shops and really middle class super markets. Its way better for you that sugar, about 10 times sweeter and diabetic friendly
* I just used your average egg replacement, but if that is a bit twilight zone for you I’ll do a follow up post with alternatives
Seemed to satisfy the client.
Even Moma got involved.
Ahh cookies, bringing people together on weird homemade porches. What else do you need?